Home > VINE
What is The Vine?
The mission of CrossWalk is “learning to love well.” The Vine is a time dedicated to learning, developing, practicing, and living skills that help us love God, life, and people well. There is a Vine class for every age group. Each of these groups meet every Saturday at 9:45 a.m. and is led by a qualified, creative and experienced team. Expect all the best and far more from the Adventist tradition of spiritual formation known as Sabbath School!
What’s in the name?
The Vine contains several important links.
- John 14: Our desire is for this to be a time where a connection to the way and life of Christ is fostered.
- Vibrant and Alive: A vine is a living thing and this is a characteristic we foster in our Vine. We continue to be effective and relevant to the lives of people and grow stronger as teachers of the gospel.
- CrossWalk’s story: One of CW’s early traditions, even before our move to the Corporate Dr. location, was a gathering of people in the fellowship hall of Azure Hills Church for breakfast and discussion of a passage of scripture before the young adult service. This gathering was called “The Vine.”
What is unique about The Vine?
- Connectedness: Each class is not an isolated program but rather part of an overall plan of spiritual formation at CrossWalk. As teachers, worship coordinators and pastors, we are working together to create a shared community experience on Sabbath morning.
- Intentional Formation: We are intentionally working to aid people in the journey of life-long spiritual formation. Taking into consideration age-development, multiple intelligence and learning styles, we desire to help people bridge from one stage to the next.
- Cross-Generational: We believe effective spiritual development and community can only be achieved when all generations are connected, valued, and are caring for one another. Research shows that when intergenerational relationships are fostered, faith and values are more effectively passed on, there is personal and community development and intergenerational tensions are eased.
- Creativity: Since The Vine’s inception, our goal has been to be attune to God and his movement in our lives and our community by telling the stories of scripture within our context. In The Vine we encourage teachers to put themselves, their story, their creativity, and their unique fingerprints on each lesson. We believe this is the most authentic and transforming way to pass our faith onto the next generation.