POSITION TITLE: Office Assistant
REPORTS TO: Office Administrator
PART TIME: 20 Hours: 4 Hours, Monday - Friday
RATE OF PAY: $11.50
Summary of Responsibilities: The Office Assistant is responsible for the tasks and functions of the church office with the daily service practices of the Executive staff. In addition to these general duties, the Office Assistant may also be responsible for delegating or communicating tasks related to bookkeeping, office management, church calendar and events updates, telephone services, publications, and correspondence.
- Prepares church weekly publications, along with other printed materials as needed; including worship center printed material in chair backs.
- Acts as the church office receptionist directing phone calls, faxes, appointments, and guests throughout the church.
- Prepares and sends out weekly email newsletter.
- Maintains bulletin boards and other places of visual communication.
- Operates and maintains appropriate office equipment.
- Maintains church website.
- Coordinates the total Church Events Calendar and keeps records of the administrative forms related to all events.
- Prepare and maintain Clinic Rotation Schedule.
- Prepare and maintain Open & Close Rotation Schedule.
- Arrange and coordinate church or staff related event reservations.
- Attends Staff Meetings & Church Leadership Team Meetings to record the minutes of the meetings.
- Maintain new volunteer intake; send church welcome email and connect appropriate ministry leaders with new volunteers.
- Assist Executive Staff as needed.
- Manage and maintain organization with Lead Pastor’s emails; forward/reply accordingly.
- Coordinate Lead Pastor’s calendar; meetings, events, speaking engagements, etc.
- Coordinate and arrange Lead Pastor’s travel arrangements.
- Assist Lead Pastor with class preparation; Arrangements, emails, grading, etc.
GENERAL STAFF DUTIES
- Attend weekly staff meeting
- Attend church wide events
- Attend annual staff advance
- Update annual inventory
- Annually update budget needs & request.
- Work closely with all staff on weekly preparations and needs
- Work directly with staff for set up/tear down of church events and building functions
- Assist with overall departmental needs and special projects as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The above summary of duties represents the major tasks and responsibilities. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities. Therefore, the individual may perform other related tasks under the direction of the Administrative Staff.
EXPECTATIONS AS STAFF:
- A committed Christian.
- Committed to Crosswalk Church and its vision.
- Successful completion of a background check.
- Pleasant and professional personality and appearance.
- Regular attendee of a Crosswalk Church service.
- Adheres to policies and procedures as stated in the Crosswalk Church employee handbook.
- A highly organized individual with outstanding leadership skills.
- General knowledge of office management procedures
- A socially creative individual capable of developing unique activities.
- Able to work aggressively and independently.
- Able to make judgments and decisions with minimal supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with experience in conflict resolution.
- Able to communicate effectively and efficiently both verbally and in writing.
- 1-2 years experience in Office Management related work or a leadership position (paid or volunteer) is preferred.
- Proficieny in MS Office
- AS Degree in related area of study or ministry preferred but not required.
- Ability to function independently and ability to speak professionally. Physically able to lift up to 25 lbs (with or without assistance). This position also may require long periods of standing and walking.
CONTACT US: email@example.com or (909) 796 3000